Sunday, October 19, 2008

QUIRKINESS



Thanks Angie for tagging me!! I had a hard time coming up with non-ocd sounding QUIRKS about myself... but here it goes!

1. Nothing is more satisfying to me than ORGANIZING something. Don't get me wrong, my house is not organization central or anything, but I just LOVE that feeling when I have taken a cupboard or room and totally overhauled it and organized the contents inside. I actually find it very relaxing and will plan different organizing projects to accomplish during my week.


2. Crumbs...i am a crumb picker-uper. I am constantly wiping off my counters throughout my day. This may be a sign of OCD or maybe I just need a more fulfilling pasttime, but I cannot stand crumbs on my counters.

3. I love VASELINE. I know, I know it is sticky, gooey and it seems rather greasy,
but man it sure helps my dry skin. I rub it all over my face when I get out of the shower and I use it to remove make-up, I put it on my dry feet and hands and I even buy the Vaseline chapstick to wear on my lips. I cannot go anywhere without my Vaseline chapstick. Actually, I am feeling a little lip dry right now...

4. I SING all the time. If any of you really know me, you have heard my not-so-beautiful voice. However, this does not seem to stop this QUIRKY habit of mine. Not only do I sing, but I make up songs to sing too. They are super goofy like, "I love Will, He Loves me, He is a thrill, even if he is a pill"(sung to This Old Man) The rhyming and children's tune is also part of the QUIRKINESS!! I have noticed that I tend to sing more when I have an infant in my house. So, I think this quirky habit has intensified since Will was born. I KNOW, I KNOW, I AM WEIRDER THAN WEIRD!!

5. I have a RECIPE-COLLECTING FETISH!! I love recipes. I may never even use the recipes I collect, but I just love the thought of having them in my cupboard...JUST IN CASE! I am not the best cook in the world, but I do enjoy cooking a yummy meal now and again. I especially am a SEASONAL cook. For instance, right now with FALL in the air I tend to get into making soups and baked goods and breads, etc.

6. I am a LOSER!! Okay, so that may sound harsh, but it is true. I LOSE things all the time. If you have any sort of ability to think, you may be realizing that this statement may seem contradictory to my organizational post above. So, I do love to organize, but that doesn't mean I can't find things. As I have blogged before, I lose my keys a lot. This is just a part of who I am . But the losingness does not stop there. I am constantly misplacing papers of importance, my shoes, my wallet, important phone numbers, my much needed chapstick, my tweezers(always), primary stuff, debit cards, you name it I lose it. LIKE I SAID, A LOSER!!

So, now you know more about me than you would have liked! I am going to tag others who I KNOW would love the world to know their QUIRKINESS as well.
So, bring it on Tera, Julie, Lyndsey, Steve, Amber and Jordan.

All you need to do is list 6 Unspectacular Quirks of your own. Then chose 6 other people to do the same and let them know by linking them to your blog. Make sure to list the rules for them too!! Have Fun!









3 comments:

Just Only Me said...

Hey, we're losers together!! Me too. I totally lose things and constantly lose my mind...you're definitely NOT OCD!
Thanks for playing along, it's always fun to learn fun stuff about my friends!

gogokari said...

How funny! I am so a vaseline addict. I have vaseline containers everywhere-- I love it! And, I totally collect recipes too!

Could you come over and teach me about this thing you call organization? I'm intrigued....

Julie said...

Vaseline, really? That's amazing. I like that you clean your counters a zillion times a day, that means I'm not weird...or we both are!

I got your tag. It'll be fun thinking of my oddities, if only I can bring myself to admit them!!! I can, but share them??? Okay, I'll do it. :)

Your WOman's chili sounds tasty. We'll have to give it a try. Sorry a wimpy soup won...you know...missionaries will eat anything!!!